Metal Injection Moulding
Metal Injection moulding (MIM) process might be new to few but is an effective solution for complex parts with complex geometrical structure. MTEK Sourcing has partnered with some of the best injection moulding manufacturers to produce precision parts using this process.
MIM process can be divided into 4 main processes:
The MIM process is followed by secondary in-house operations. We work with various Steel grades like Stainless Steel, Low alloy Steel, Case hardened Steel and Special Steel.
- MIM is preferred manufacturing process:
- If the product weight is less (Minimum 0.1 gram)
- Has complex geometrical structure
- Has close tolerances with tight surface finish requirements
- Has thin wall thickness (Min 0.3mm)
- Requires high volume production
Along with above benefits, the lead times can be as low as 4 weeks to complete tooling and manufacturing. We have catered to various industries like Medical, Defense, Aerospace, General Engineering among others.